Tuesday 16 December 2014

Steampunk Altered Doll


Hello lovelies! I'm sharing a bit of fun today, in the form of "Steampunk Barbie". I created this project for Mixed Media Place's Go 3D challenge.

I've had this idea in my head for a while now and had the doll on stand by, ready and waiting to be altered!






Our girl's hair has been "gelled" with heavy white gesso and coloured with black mist - in a slightly Cruella fashion ;)



And the back view.Her clothes are orginals which I painted with black gesso then decorated with cotton wool "fur" and a feather neckline. I finished off with a spritz of mica mist.



The ripped, grungy skirt was made from fabric scraps and tulle net. I used Finnabair's checkered mask for some texture and of course some safety pins just *had* to be included.



All steampunk girls need funky canes, this one being made from a wooden skewer and some metals. And check out the large diamond!




I think one of my favourite elements to this creation was the top hat and head piece, which I made with some plastic oddments adding tulle net, deconstructered flower and feathers.


Bye for now,


5 comments:

  1. She is fantastic! Congratulations on a great project. I especially love her headgear! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fran. I am just a fresh follower. ;) I have to say this doll is fabulous. Love the goggles (or glasses)! You are a strong competitor in Creative Gym!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!!! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so special! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge! <3

    ReplyDelete