Sunday 4 September 2011

Garnet Noel

Challenges: The Shabby Tearoom  - Birthstones
Papertakeweekly - Sketch


My birthstone is Garnet, so I decided to make (another) Christmas card! To me, it's the perfect festive colour and I'm also quite pleased with myself for getting another Christmas card 'in the bag'!





I've layered up with Core'dinations and 7Gypsies paper, two of my favourite things! How fabulous is the Christmas script and garnet and cream flocked card?! Cotton lace, twill and trim decorate the middle of the card and fab chipboard  frame backed with flourish textured Core'dinations and embellished with a little felt dove with chipboard wings. The chip greeting is adhered onto corrugated card highlighted with paint.

I've pushed the boat out and used this beautiful pearl flourish and topped with a Crackle Painted snowflake, metal charm and a smaller inked snowflake that I have accented with Crackle glaze. A tissue paper bow and festive roses finish off this little card.




 
Thanks for reading!




2 comments:

  1. Your Christmas card is gorgeous, lovely colours and layout and that little bird is cute. Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! I love the crackle glazed snowflake, and the pearly bird, the flocked paper and the rich hues all make this a very special Xmas card!

    ReplyDelete