Friday 1 July 2011

July Flowers


Yet another new month! How can it POSSIBLY be July?! lol. A new month means we are back to the Flower Of the Month Dare at Daring Cardmakers and the flowers associated July: Larkspur and  Water Lily.

Along with a new guest DT member Angela, we have a wonderful prize donated by our sponsor this week: online store Crimson Cloud, to offer one lucky winner this week.
Click HERE to visit the Crimson Cloud online store
There are only 3 rules for entering our random draw:
1. Make a card for this week's challenge and link it back to here
2. Show it on your blog and add links mentioning Crimson Cloud and Daring Cardmakers
3. You may only enter your card for 5 other challenges

And this is the prize you could win:



I quite enjoyed making the 3D water lilly, which I made by die cutting flowers in descending size out of Core'dinations, which I sanded, inked and bent upwards. For the centre of the lilly, I used a paper cherry blossom and snipped the petals into points and inked. The lilly pad got the same treatment.



For the card base I used an A4 sheet and folded 6cm of the top over, I then attached acetate under the flap to form the middle and layered card onto the bottom of the acetate to finish.





I folded my paper into pleats for the borders and ran some Bakers Twine along them and used some cute epoxy buttons and tulle netting on the finished off with a sprig of stamens fon the embellishment on the lower half of the card. Nesties labels 4 cut in half made up the greeting.



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Fran and that is one amazing waterlily flower you've created.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful acetate card Fran, I love your waterlily and the little lily pad! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you put this card together. Black and pink are always such a good combination. The waterlily is fantastic. Great Card!

    ReplyDelete